Licensure is the process you go through to become licensed as a professional engineer (PE). A license is a standard of accountability, a differentiator that gives you a competitive edge over other job candidates. A license gives you more credibility, respect, and authority as a professional.
- You can start your own company or work as a consultant.
- You gain increased job mobility and opportunities.
- You will have a license recognized in every state, giving you the opportunity to work on projects anywhere your career takes you.
- You will have the potential to earn a higher income. PEs average $20,000 a year* more in salary compared to unlicensed engineers in comparable positions.
- 75,000 students graduate each year with an engineering degree; 5 out of 9 students take the FE and 4 out of 5 pass it; only 1 out of 9 becomes a PE**
* According to the National Society of Professional Engineers Salary Survey
**According to the National Council on Examiners of Engineering and Surveying (NCEES)